Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Don't let your mind wander to funny things while at work because hiding your laughter is really difficult when you're in a small office with only one other person

So, you know, after this weekend I really wasn't looking forward to returning to reality. . . but life goes on.  Let me just start by saying that I woke up yesterday morning with the worst concert hangover I think I've ever had.  I seriously felt like I had been hit by a truck.  Getting out of bed was so difficult.  All I really remember is the fact that I was wearing my newly-purchased green Apocalyptour shirt... literally the rest of the morning was a blur.  And suddenly I was at work.  Jen had to leave the office for a while so I had the place to myself.  I felt like a zombie.  And my hair was being uncooperative.  I had to alphabetize all the files in these big old filing cabinets... it was a hassle. Those things hate me.  Like, every time I tried to open a drawer it wouldn't let me until I kicked it or yanked it or re-opened and closed all the other drawers. Then it would still stick about three times before it finally opened.  UGH.  Also, it was really hard to alphabetize the files when I couldn't read Harry's writing... it's so scribbly!  But I think I'm getting the hang of it.  Anyway, that took me like, four hours (but I kept my lonely self entertained by listening to Starkid music and The Rocket Summer's new album and I may or may not have been dancing). The rest of the day was spent finishing up my board for Harry's bathroom so we can send it off to Kohler!  He wasn't in the office all day so it was basically just a super relaxed day.

Today was basically the same.  I'm feel like I'm kind of out of things to do right now... there's only so much I can do with an Illustrator file at this point.  I've been spending lots of time looking up furniture for the garage... I've found like a million awesome coffee tables.   So that's fun.  I did some little stuff to kind of finish up things, then Harry got here and he had me fix a couple things.  Then he left again like an hour later.  Then we ate lunch (kaiser roll with turkey, provolone, tomato, lettuce and avocado mmmm) and worked on stuff more.  We finally sent our ideas off to Kohler this afternoon, so we'll see what they say! And Harry liked some of my ideas for the garage thing. Woo! Yay for feeling more comfortable! So yep, finished off the day and walked home in the nasty rain.  You can bet the weather didn't keep me from picking up a Jamba on the way home :)

Here, have some pics of the new office. And Samson. (Obviously, we haven't actually gotten it all put together yet.)












No comments:

Post a Comment