Yesterday wasn't too exciting. It was an office day (thank goodness I got to stay out of the heat) so I got to sit and work on the garage more. I finished a basic rendering of the space and a floorplan, and Harry's going to send it off to the clients! So that's exciting :) We got to leave an hour early because Harry was leaving and said we should go home because it was hot.
Today (Friday) was really nice. I went by myself (scary!) to the townhouse project to deliver a sample of white snakeskin wallcovering (which is gorgeous by the way). While I was there I kind of got to inspect everything-- see that everything was going smoothly, see how far they were on everything, that kind of stuff. The contractor in charge, Lennie, is a lot of fun to talk to. I think he's Italian, and he was telling me about things and joking with me and it was fun :) Anyway, the townhouse is really amazing! It's Harry's first time actually designing a townhouse, and from what I can see it's going to be really cool. I loved having the chance to explore it on my own today, and the fact that Harry trusts me enough to let me do that. After that I got to go home! But not after getting a Jamba and sitting in the park at Union Square for like half an hour. It's so nice there! But... there are some weird people there. Not gonna lie. I left sooner than I had planned 'cause I was really worried this weird guy was going to come over and talk to me... yep. Anyway, I'm really enjoying everything and the fact that I'm getting to go so many places. Harry said he would walk me through the townhouse next week and talk about more details and what he's really doing with it, so I'm excited!
Tonight Kathryn and I went to the pizza place that is literally right under our apartment building (weird how we haven't been there yet...) and enjoyed some giant slices of NY pizza. Then I accompanied her to her apartment because her air conditioning actually works, and... ya. I think I might sleep on her extra bed tonight because I'm sick of sleeping in heat. Yep, that's what's up :)
The view from the roof of the townhouse
The amazing blue onyx in the master bathroom
Master bedroom
Not-quite-finished staircase
This is how dark our apartment is at 2:30 in the afternoon
Finally got me some New York pizza
No comments:
Post a Comment