Monday was odd... mostly because I realized it was my last Monday as an intern. Weird. I started off the day by meeting Jen at the D&D to grab some fabric samples for window treatments in a client's ginormous apartment. For some reason coral-colored prints are hard to come by. Anyway, we spent about an hour and a half there, then headed to our client on 22nd Street to deliver some big old cylindrical lampshades. And when I say big, I mean huge. They had a diameter of 19" and a height of probably 30"... possibly more. They seemed a bit too big for the room , but I think they're starting to grow on me. Plus, Harry chose them, so I'm not doubting it. Then we went back to the office where I made a list of items we're using for the garage, as well as started working on a presentation board for it. I think that project's almost done as well, so it's perfect timing seeing as this is my last week! After I got home I went to The Rocket Summer concert... but that gets its own post.
Today was fun, but once again, my feet are screaming at me. They're just so tired. I started the day with Harry down on 9th Street where I got to walk through the townhouse with him, the client, the architect, and the contractor. It was really cool to see how all their ideas and opinions had to go into the design. One would bring up something, then the other three would kind of give their opinion and in about eleven seconds they would have it all decided. Like a well-oiled machine! Harry was telling me this morning about how strange a profession interior design is... like, he's a designer, but he's also a psychiatrist when it comes to his clients. You have to be really good at reading people and knowing when to talk and when to keep your mouth shut. It's really interesting to see how he interacts with his clients. He always seems to know exactly how to talk to them. I, on the other hand, am still having problems talking to new people in a professional sense... but I'm working on it :) After 9th, we went to 22nd again. Harry had to take a look at the lampshades we delivered yesterday, and after a few minutes of thinking, decided we needed to get smaller harps make them shorter. Brilliant. Simple answer, and none of us (Jen, me, or the client) thought of it. Then we went back to the office and I finalized the presentation board for the garage, as well as added dimensions to the floorplan and elevations in Cad. Hopefully the client likes our ideas and goes for it! In the afternoon I went back down to 9th to deliver a sample and everyone had already left for the day (again), so now I have to go deliver it in the morning. Then I had to traipse all over the city to find a new battery for my phone because my phone won't charge... but it ended up not even being a battery problem. My phone is just being ridiculous. Yay for wasting $30 that I don't have...
Well, my mom comes out to visit tomorrow (yay!) so I'll be finishing up my last few days of work, as well as turning right back into a tourist so I can go exploring with her! I may be a tourist, but I'll be a savvy tourist. More like a tour guide, really. Anyway, I'm so excited!
Here are the rough renderings I did for the garage and bathroom. I kind of really like them... I wish I could actually go in them when they were finished!


No comments:
Post a Comment