Today went by really fast. I had to run that plaster sample down the 9th street since I didn't get to deliver it yesterday, so I started by doing that at 9 this morning. Then I had to go meet Harry at yet another client's apartment on Central Park West. I had never been there before and got off the wrong subway stop and ended up being late... I was power-walking through crowds like you wouldn't believe. Anyway, the clients were super nice, and we stayed there for a while to supervise a little installation going on in a back room. The apartment is almost entirely done except for a few little things here and there. While there we basically just sat and listened to Harry tell funny interior design horror stories. It's amazing how many things can go wrong when it comes to working with people. After we left that apartment, Harry sent me over to the D&D to pick up a few samples we were missing, then I headed back to the office. There I spent a few hours writing an evaluation of my goals and experience for Harry. It's so crazy to think that I've already been here for six weeks... the time has flown by. I'm starting to realize how much I've really enjoyed this internship, despite all the days where I felt like I wanted to jump out a window. It's been such an amazing experience to work so closely with such an incredible designer like Harry and I really think I'm going to miss it.
Harry let me leave at four since my mom arrived in the city today (yay!), and it's really strange thinking I only have one more day...
My mom and I got to my apartment at the same time-- oh blessed reunion! We immediately took all of her stuff upstairs then headed to Johnny Rocket's for some fantabulous shakes and burgers. I mean, come on, we had to. Then we went to Times Square and ducked into Forever 21... where we were for like... 2 1/2 hours. It was ridiculous. But we got some super cute clothes! I think I might wear some tomorrow... :) So ya, that was about it for today. I'm kind of excited/nervous for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens!
My mom and I got to my apartment at the same time-- oh blessed reunion! We immediately took all of her stuff upstairs then headed to Johnny Rocket's for some fantabulous shakes and burgers. I mean, come on, we had to. Then we went to Times Square and ducked into Forever 21... where we were for like... 2 1/2 hours. It was ridiculous. But we got some super cute clothes! I think I might wear some tomorrow... :) So ya, that was about it for today. I'm kind of excited/nervous for tomorrow, so we'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment