Today was... interesting. I started by going to a client's penthouse (it's gorgeous by the way) where they were installing some sparkly white and silver carpet. I had to be there at 9 (half an hour earlier than normal... blech) and Jen and I basically just sat there and supervised. Then Jen had to leave for the office for a couple of hours, and guess who was left in charge? Me. Yep. Little old Lindsay supervising an installation all by herself. I wasn't terrified at all (yes I was). But I survived! Jen came back (a little later than I'd hoped) and then she sent me down to the middle of crazytown to pick up some postcards. I say "crazytown" because it was down by Canal Street, which is near Chinatown. This specific intersection happened to be the intersection of like 3 bridges and an entrance to a tunnel or something so there were like a MILLION cars. Blech. I left to go down there at about 1:45, and by the time I got back home it was 3:20. Yes, I spent and hour and a half traveling all the way downtown and back to pick up some postcards. Woot.
When I got home I basically just crashed. Dani wasn't home yet so I just kind of took a nap. Then she came home and we went to Johnny Rocket's for dinner and it was delicious.
So... yep! First week: done! Five more to go. I hope I'll get the hang of it soon because I still feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. No work on Monday because of Memorial Day (woo) so it's a long weekend! More on our adventures once they actually happen :D
No comments:
Post a Comment