Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Running around like a chicken with its head cut off

Today was... weird.  But good.  I started off the day by meeting Harry at another client's house.  This project is a four-story townhouse.  It's still in the beginning stages though.  I got there and got to talk to the client(?) as well as the contractors who were working on the construction.  I also got to see a massive finish schedule.  Everything in the house is custom... wow.  Also!  The floor in the bathroom is this gorgeous white onyx with a blue backing, so it looks like blue onyx.  Amazing.

Then we headed to the penthouse where I supervised the installation on Friday.  I got to meet the client (she was a doll) and we had to supervise a bit while some guys tried to hang paintings over this curtain thing... it was interesting.  And people freaked out a bit.  So basically it turned into a crisis... I couldn't really do anything so Harry sent me back to the office.  I spent the rest of the afternoon working on bathroom stuff (still) and starting work on the garage-turned-living area.  I think it'll be cool?  I hope so.

So Harry's been really awesome.  I still don't really know what's going on, but he keeps taking me along to places and having me help him with things, so that's good.  I think I'm getting the hang of it... but I still have a lot to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment